Tuesday, November 23, 2010

God Bless Grandparents

If there is one thing that parents and kids agree on it is the greatness of grandparents. My grandparents saved me from certain death at the hands of my parents more than once. Thank goodness my parents feel the need to pass this kindness forward by frequently saving me and my children from each other.

I have a few things that I'd like to get done tonight and so I asked my mother AKA "Grammy" to keep the kids for a while. The kids are happy, grammy is happy, and I'm happy! PawPaw, my dad, just sent me the following email about a phone conversation he just had:

PawPaw: Hello
Grammy: Hi dear. I just picked up the boys. They got out of school early. We are going to the popcorn store.
PawPaw: So you are going to make at least one of them happy.
Grammy: Yes, but I’m thirsty so first we are going to McDonald’s.
PawPaw: uh
Eli: I want ice cream.
Grammy: Eli if you get ice cream you can’t have Rocky Road when you get to the house.
Eli: (unintelligible)
Grammy: You can’t have both.
Me: So, you know you are going to end up giving in on both, right?
Grammy: Okay, I’ll talk to you later.....

I know this conversation would be enough to send Brian into orbit, but I can live with it. I remember my grandparents doing the same. We just visted Brian's granddad this weekend where we were spoiled so rotton, Eli got up at 1 AM the night we got home to come and tell me that he was ready to go back to Houston (and I completely agreed with him).

In other news, my kids can expect more spoiling because Brian's parents get in to town tomorrow!

God Bless Grandparents!

No comments:

Post a Comment