Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Take the good with the bad...

Well, the news today is that my maternal grandfather isn't fairing too well. He has many problems that he must overcome in order to make a recovery and get out of the hospital. Every time we think he may be on the path to getting the needed surgery, something falls out of place and we have to fix another problem before surgery can occur. Today we need to get a stint put in to get one of the chambers of his heart working again. If that goes well, he may have surgery on his carotid artery tomorrow. This surgery has already been turned down once, and cancelled twice.

On a happier note, today is Brian's and my 9th anniversary! It is hard to believe all that has happened in 9 years - both in our personal lives and in the world. The world was a different place back then and we were different people. We still have most of the same traits we had on our wedding day, but we've grown into each other. His best and worst qualities have bleed over and become mine, and mine have become part of him.

The innocent eyes that we viewed the world with have hardened somewhat. 9/11 happened when we had only been married 3 months. That brought on war and recession. The recession prior to this one in our lives happened in the 80's while we were watching Fraggle Rock and the Thunder Cats. It really wasn't a concern of ours. War was something the US did really well. Brian and I only barely remember the Cold War. I remember the USSR was a terrible place, and President Reagan told some people to tear down a wall (which I still want my piece of Marylyn)! The gulf war happened when we were in junior high and it was minor compared to today's troubles.

Anyway, anniversaries for me are always a fun time of reflection. I have the most amazing husband. Brian cooks, cleans, plays video games and sports with my boys. He is one of the most patient people I've ever known. He encourages me, inspires me, and sometimes saves me from myself. Thank you honey for an amazing 9 years! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment