Tuesday, August 31, 2010

SOOO Not ready for this!!!

It has recently occurred to me that things are really changing in our household. Brian has become handy. I mean hands-in-the-dirt fixing sprinkler systems and using augers to clear drains kind of handy. Yay!!!! This is a change I can totally get use to!!! As if that isn't enough to adjust to, I sense a change in the kiddos as well. They are truly little boys. There is very little toddler left in them. It felt like it would take forever to get them out of diapers and away from sippy cups. Now that we are beyond all of that, I realize I didn't really consider what the next phase would be.

Eli is sort of starting kindergarten. He is only 4, but we are putting him in my mom's kinder room for the year. She is an amazing teacher and I've always wanted her to teach my kids. I didn't however want to make my kids miss out on a year at their elementary school so this is my middle ground. Eli is already reading 3 letter words and sounding out 4 letter words so he is ready. Heaven knows he is tall enough. He is easily the youngest in the class and still a head taller than all the other kids. I'm also very proud to report that he tested very high and will be in the highest reading group!

Jaxon is now going to school for a couple of hours every day. He loves it. This will also be his first soccer season. I managed to get Jaxon onto Eli's team (because they are so close in age). Jax is so ready. The benefit to being a younger brother is getting to learn things sooner. He is growing up at the same rate as Eli (just a year and a half younger).

I've never been the type of mom that was tearful when returning back to work after the birth of my kids. I didn't cry the first time we dropped them off at a day of preschool. I'm sentimental, but I wouldn't say I go as far as probably a lot of moms out there. Am I ready for the tooth fairy to visit? Nope, I'm not. Don't get me wrong - I'm not ready to say that I wish I would have treasured potty training time for the right of passage that it clearly was... I'm glad we are to this point, but I'm really not sure how we arrived here quite so quickly! Maybe by the time Eli starts what I will consider his real kinder year I'll be ready... probably not. Thankfully, I have a year to get use to the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment