Thursday, May 26, 2011

ConGRADulations ELI!!!

Eli graduated from Kindergarten this afternoon. The graduation was adorable. The kids read a few lines and sang a few songs. Eli recited the Christian Pledge at the mic. He was so excited to have Pawpaw, Mommy, Daddy, and Jaxon there to see him in his cap and gown. Eli is fiercely independent and more than a little stubborn. Jax spends a lot of time cuddling and hamming it up everyday, but Eli usually prefers a quick hug and then he entertains himself. When you get him in front of an audience though…Eli is such a ham! I have NO IDEA where he gets that from.

Grammy choked up a bit when it got time to talk about Eli and again at the closing. The real story here is how far Eli has come in a year. I know I’ve mentioned to anyone who will listen how well he can read (on a first grade level), but he can do so much more. He writes his numbers to 100 and can add and subtract. He kept a journal in class. He is also “graduating” from speech therapy.

Since his birthday isn’t until November, he starts kinder late. We put him in mom’s class a year early knowing he would start Kindergarten at our neighborhood school this coming fall. I wanted to make sure he had a great foundation. I know my mom at times got irritated with Brian and myself for not working with Eli as much as we should, but he was learning so fast I didn’t see any need to push him. His poor teacher next year is going to have her work cut out for her.

Also, Eli has a tooth growing in. We still haven’t lost a baby tooth yet, but I’m pretty certain that is just around the corner. Anyway, today was a great day and I was so proud of Eli.

No comments:

Post a Comment