Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Ring Bearers

Brian and I brought up the idea of being ring bearers in Aaron's upcoming wedding. The conversation went like this:

Mommy: Uncle Aaron is going to get married in a pretty church. The whole family will be there and it is going to be really fun. There is only one problem. There are two rings and no one to carry them to the front of the church. I wonder if we can find two people to help him?

Jaxon: I'll carry one Mommy!

Mommy: Oh, thank you!!! Hmmm... I wonder who will carry the other one?

Eli: I can carry the other one!

Mommy: Perfect! There are two little boys and two rings!!! I wonder if we should get you a new video game if you do a good job?

Eli: Well maybe if they pay us we can get one!

Mommy: Uh, daddy and I can get you a video game if you do a good job. Guess what else?! You'll get to wear a fancy suit and shoes just like your daddy.

Jaxon: Mommy, I don't want to wear a fancy suit and shoes. I just want to wear my crocodile shirt. (He is wearing that shirt today. We bought it for him in Jacksonville, FL. It has a big crocodile on it and the words "Bite Me".)

Daddy: (smiling because he doesn't like wearing suits either) I'm glad we got him that shirt. He really likes it.

Mommy: I'll check with Uncle Aaron, but I really think to get the video game you need to wear the suit and shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment