Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Alysa is here!!! - Written months ago!

I found a draft of a post that I was working on shortly after AJ was born.  I don't even remember writing this, but thought I'd post it.  Better late than never!



This weekend was completely wild and full of twists and turns! I woke up to contractions (and the room spinning) at 4:30 am on 11/11/11. During the day my blood pressure crashed, I lost all energy, got energy back, was given pitocin to help get contractions get stronger, the epidural somehow went wacky right at the last minute (after having it all day), lost all feeling in my entire body and energy, vomited through some of the pushing stage, and finally had a baby... that was the very mild brief version. The real version is going to be sold to Hollywood and used in some kind of comedy or drama depending on what swing you want to give it.
Alysa was given a 9.9 APGAR score. Then quickly started having trouble breathing. She was born at 8:38 pm, and was sent to NICU around 2 am. It was explained to us that Alysa's problem iis a bit different from what Jaxon's problem was. He was breathing very hard and not able to maintain good vitals. Alysa was always able to maintain good vitals, but was working a bit harder than they wanted her to. I think the different NICU doctors each felt differently about her being serious enough to be in NICU. Regardless, she was in NICU for 3 days and never needed much treatment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment