Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Aaron and Marylyn!!!

This weekend we traveled to Austin for a birthday weekend! We had so much fun!!! We ate at the Hula Hut on Friday which was perfect for the little guys after a long ride in the car. There was a long wait, but plenty of space for them to run around (and plenty of people to chase them). Saturday we went to see Tanner play polocrosse. Being out in the country is relaxing for me so I knew I would have a good time. I had been trying to convince Eli and Jax to let Tanner ride around with them for 2 weeks. Eli was firm about NOT wanting to ride. Jaxon told me that he would, but when Tanner came riding up to us and Jaxon wouldn't even look at him I had my doubts. An hour later he was on the horse. I have no idea how long Tanner was riding around with him, but Jaxon wasn't ready to get off when I pulled him down. Eli didn't seem bothered by the idea that Jaxon got to ride and he didn't. Maybe next time...

The birthday dinner was fun. I thought we were in for the typical family get together (which is large, but just because the family is large). I was surprised to find out that several friends would be showing up. We had such a great time! We had BBQ overload, then cake overload, then cobbler, lots of friends and fun. By nine we were all ready to fall into bed, but in true Douthit style we kept going. We will be traveling back to Austin next month for more birthday fun (Daddy, me, Jax, and Mom all have birthdays within a 2 week period). I can't wait!

For now I'm going to have some fun settling into my cake decorating class and my new dance class. Ya, you saw that right. They don't go well together at all. The cake decorating thing is something I've always wanted to learn. The dance class is my comfort zone and I still LOVE it like I did when I was a kid. It is sort of a dance aerobics class, but the teacher is great. The class is really fun. There are about 70 people in the class. The teacher sticks to mostly hip hop and latin. I've already gotten to know a few of the women. None of us are anything alike, but I tend to like situations like that where I'm around a ton of people and everyone is different. I think all the people of this class stick together well because by the end of the class we've seen the best and worst of everyone : )

No comments:

Post a Comment