Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Where to start?


It seems everyone I know has a blog now. I mainly want to use this as a way to record funny stories about my kids, but I'm sure I'll throw other things in since I'm not the most focused conversationalist (or writer). I am calling this Marci Monthly because I'm HOPING that I will write at least that often.

Eli (4) and Jaxon (2) are big boys, but lately I've been so taken back by how grown up they are getting. Eli can do a lot of things for himself now, and he does things for his brother too. He is a fantastic big brother and is protective of other little kids too. Jaxon speaks to me in full sentences and we have some of the funniest conversations.

It seems as if life is flying by. In the past two weeks we've been to the Dallas World Aquarium, the circus, several parks, restaurants, had two different visits from family members, and who knows what else. The kids are in constant state of motion and learning. My kids can remember everything! It takes me a minute of concentration to remember what I ate for lunch. Three months ago at Christmas we created a slideshow of photos and set it to the Marriage of Figaro by Mozart. My kids love classical music and often request classical songs when we are driving around. Last night Jaxon wanted to hear this song. When it started playing the boys started talking to me about all the pictures we used 3 months ago in a slide show: Uncle Aaron's blue tongue, Aunt Krissy is sad because she fell in the mud, Granddaddy got a big hot dog, etc. It blows my mind how fast they take these details in and how long they can retain them. Kids are truly amazing.

That is another reason for me writing here. My kids remember SO much, but I don't! Papaw, my dad's dad asked me on Easter if I planted my garden. He told me how his parents and siblings would plant the garden every year on Good Friday. He and my other grandfather have slightly differing opinions on when to plant and harvest, but I would like to remember these tips just in case I develop an interest at some point in the future. I love hearing stories about how things were done in his childhood. I've lost both of my grandmothers so half of these stories are gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment