Friday, April 9, 2010

Life is sometimes stranger than fiction

My kids love to play pretend these days. Sometimes we'll "drive" to McDonald's and order cookies, sweet tea, and toys. Last night the boys decided on their own that they were going to have a picnic. They got a blanket and spread it on my bed room floor. The talked about what kind of food they had and were sharing it with each other. They occasionally would get up and share some pretend food with me. I pretty much eat whatever they offer. Then their dad came in the room. When they offered him a cheeseburger he turned it down and requested a steak. Jaxon was more than willing to play along he turned around and grabbed at the air, turned back to his dad and handed him some "steak". Brian complained that the steak had clearly not been cooked long enough since Jaxon was able to prepare it so fast. He made Jaxon cook the steak and mash some potatoes to go with it. After Jaxon finally got done with all that, Brian asked Eli to put some cheese on the potatoes. After all this, the very serious cook and waiter didn't even get a tip.

On another note, I went to the Galleria at lunch yesterday. I just found out that while I was there an out-of-state diamond broker was stabbed and robbed in the parking lot. Apparently, some men from out of the country have been doing this in several major cities in the U.S. They parked their car behind his, pulled him out of his car, took his clothes off and stabbed him, and got away with up to $1 Million in diamonds. They switched plates on the get away car too. Doesn't this sound like some kind of tv show?!?! Strange to think it was happening where I was and I had no clue at all. I did get some really cute kid's clothes though. There is a great sale at Children's Place right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment